Ireland - Dublin + Countryside

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
― Ernest Hemingway

The Cliffs of Moher
A perfect quote for this trip as sleeping in cozy inns was probably my favourite part, with nature walks in second. The rest I could take or leave (sorry) - postponed writing this for awhile as I thought a few months off would give me new perspective, but overall just not smitten with Ireland. If anything, I highly recommend getting out into the countryside as quickly as possible and enjoying the fresh air and hikes - the Cliffs of Moher were the highlight and absolutely worth a long walk on a beautiful day. The other best spots were random along the way, including the sheep! 

Road trip tour: Dublin (good for 1 night), Gallway (could for 1 afternoon), Dooling (the cutest town with beautiful scenery and by Cliffs of Moher), Killarney (too touristy), all in 1 week





The Essentials:
Hotels: The Dean in Dublin, amazing restaurant on the roof for sunset drinks, stunning view of the city and overall just a really LA-esque rocker chill feel. Also stayed at the Dylan on the way back and was amazing room and great staff, so good if you want to just relax. 

the Dean lobby
Hotel Doolin was the best option but it's all about the town which is quaint, quiet and surrounded by stunning views and the Cliffs. Live music and cozy restaurants.

The Cliffs...a lovely walk
Restaurants: Hatch was my favourite for breakfast in Dublin. And the Mongolian BBQ was a total gamble but the best one of the trip - try the Thai massage next door for a perfect afternoon! There were a few other gems, but best to be discovered along the way.


Lots of nature walks...
Overall, go in summer and enjoy the outdoors although its chilly and rains alot so dress accordingly. Perhaps you'll enjoy it more than I did...let me know! 

Comments

Popular Posts